It’s been a while since I’ve updated this old travel blog, and its partly because I’m tired of thinking and writing about myself. But since I’m not really an expert on anything else, I’ve decided to keep on keeping on. Here’s 10 things:
1. West Coast living is totally different than any other place I’ve been.
2. We had to start our 4 year old boxer on hip and joint vitamins already.
3. I’ve never been so excited to see another New Orleans’ Saints fan in my life, although they were wearing a Bush jersey and maybe it was just because of the USC connection.
4. I’ve been using the My Fitness Pal free app on my phone to track calories and nutrition info and I love it.
5. We’ve been playing the card game Gin Rummy lately as an excuse to sit at the table and drink wine together.
6. I just started reading The China Study, and now I want to send a copy to everyone I know. Even those people who will see it as some type of agenda or manifesto, in the very least it will make you think about your food.
7. My husband has introduced me to Jon Stewart, only in the figurative sense, and I think he’s hilarious!
8. Something about being closer to water has a very uplifting quality for me, so it’s surprising that so many Californians seem so pissed off all the time.
9. My goal in the next week is to go on a “cheese trail” tasting in Petaluma, west of Sonoma.
10. We’re in Palo Alto, CA for now until the end of August, space is pretty much booked for visitors and we’re not sure where we are going next. Maybe continue up the Western Coast? Little nervous about November in Washington state!