This past month, we’ve had quite a few visitors and began to prepare for our next move. At the end of March, my Mom & my nephew, Mickey came to visit for a few days. The first week in April, my best friend, Kellie & her husband Phil came to visit for a week-long birthday celebration (my husband & Kel’s birthdays are 4 days apart!).
When visiting a traveler:
1. Plan your trip near the end of your traveler friend’s time in that location. This way the traveler will know the area and be able to navigate the cool stuff.
2. Be willing to sleep in small, cramped places, on the floor and share a bathroom.
3. Save room in your suitcase for sheets, pillows, maybe even towels-no we don’t have extras!
4. Be open to trying new food, new beer & wine, and seeing new things- that’s what the traveling lifestyle is all about!
5. Make sure you take EVERYTHING you brought back home with you, or it will likely go to Goodwill when we move again!
We had a great time with all of our guests! Thanks to my great friend, Erin, my Mom & Mickey, & Kellie & Phil for taking the time and money to come visit us in Colorado Springs!! It was great to be able to share our traveling adventure with friends and family. We are currently booking floor space for visitors this summer when we will be in the Bay Area in CA!
Here’s a list of some of the fun stuff we did:
Shopping & Beer drinking in Boulder
- Family Fun on the Incline and in Old Colorado! (raftlovelive.org)
- Home Sweet Colorado (britneywitt.wordpress.com)